Mississauga Full Time Permanent Benefits DAYS
In the role of Lead Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for overseeing a team responsible for emergency repairs and preventative maintenance for the plant. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with automation troubleshooting and leading a team.
• Install, maintain, calibrate, examine, troubleshoot, replace or repair:
Plant Systems and Equipment
industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Instrumentation and related devices.
electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
switchgear, transformers, capacitor banks and reactors
electrical motors, VFD’s and Soft starters
hydraulic and pneumatic control systems
Oversee the preventive maintenance program and keep the maintenance records
Determine the required parts for all jobs and create purchasing requisitions
Manage Spare Parts Inventory
Read and interpret drawings, schematics, P&ID’s, PLC Code and electrical codes to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations and trouble shoot equipment
Use Power tools, Lift Trucks, Scissor Lifts and other tools
Work at a team member prepared to help and of your team members when required.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Other assigned work as required
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferred
• Appropriate credentials and certifications – Industrial Electrician Trade Certification
• 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment
• Experience with routine maintenance operations
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Able to work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Computer literate