Mississauga Full Time Permanent Benefits
Our client is a busy and growing distributor. The Junior Accountant shall be responsible for assisting the Controller/VP in managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures.
• Assist Controller/VP in managing the accounting operations including the review of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and statutory reporting.
• Ensure employees are paid correctly and in accordance with ESA (payroll).
• Ensure supplier invoices are processed and paid correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure prompt and accurate filling of statutory remittance including payroll source deductions, Employer Health Tax and WSIB
• Assist in ensuring rapid and consistent collection of receivables. Providing required documentation such as statutory declarations
• As necessary, assist with customer invoicing
• Monitor and maintain company resources such as Shell cards, Home Depot cards, tablets, cell phones, security
• Liaison between outside IT consultants and staff to provide technical support to staff as required
• Provide training to staff on company software as required and as appropriate
• Work with operations on inventory, product pricing, costing and margins.
• Monitor new employment regulations (ESA) as it impacts payroll
• Other related duties and required or assigned.
• Post-secondary education in accounting, preferably working towards accounting designation (CPA).
• Experience and knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
• Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
• Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset (Quickbooks).
• Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.